Benelux Capital Day (Antwerp)
On 12 October 2015, Euronext held its first Benelux Capital Day in Kinepolis Antwerpen, gathering together more than 200 professionals and 50 speakers for a new cross-border conference on Access to Finance, with a strong focus on tech and growth companies. To kick off the event, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Agenda and Telecom, Alexander De Croo, opened the European markets by ringing the Bell.
The Benelux Capital Day aims to fill a gap in the Benelux investor communities by:
- facilitating the cross-fertilisation between Belgian and Dutch investor markets
- striving to make technology and growth companies in the Benelux more attractive to investors.
The Benelux Capital Day brought together all key stakeholders involved in the Benelux ecosystem (listed and non-listed companies, investors, banks, associations, law firms, accountants and advisers). Speakers included Philippe De Backer (Member of the European Parliament and President of the EU IPO Task Force), Petra Zijp (Partner and Head of Capital Markets at NautaDutilh), Robbert van Heekeren (CFO of Kiadis Pharma), Vincent Reuter (CEO of Union Wallonne des Entreprises), Jean-Pierre Blumberg (Partner at Linklaters LLP) and many others.
The event’s objective was to:
- Create an annual investment platform for technology driven entrepreneurs and growth companies, institutional investors, private equity, family offices, etc., while promoting financial transactions between our countries.
- Offer a strong portfolio of listed and non-listed Benelux technology and innovative companies, in need of equity, debt and/or mergers & acquisitions from local and foreign investors from Europe, and potentially the US.
- Provide a status update on how to improve access to capital for listed and non-listed companies with topics such as: attractive investment instruments, new EU regulations, perception of technology and innovative companies in the financial markets, etc.
Opening Bell ceremony, welcome by Eric Forest, CEO, EnterNext
Here, Alexander De Croo, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Agenda and Telecom.
Two panel discussions on:
- the future of our technology industry in the Benelux;
- which investors and financial instruments match best with technology driven companies.
The Panel members in the sessions included: Tech CEOs,Tech investors (institutional, private equity, family offices, etc), associations and banks, with academic input from Tech & Innovation clusters in Belgium & Netherlands.
Review the event throught storify : https://storify.com/Euronext_be/the-euronext-benelux-capital-day-2015
EnterNext page dedicated to Benelux Capital Day: https://www.enternext.biz/en/enternext/tech-conferences/benelux-capital-day